Useless but interesting bits of information
- 'Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- And 'lollipop'is the longest word typed with your right hand.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month , orange, silver, or purple.
- ' Dreamt' is the only English word that ends in the letters 'mt'.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- The sentence: 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' uses every letter of the alphabet.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.'
- 'Typewriter' is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard..
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds .
- A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite!
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
- The cruise liner, QE 2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid .
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
Now you know more [useless, but interesting stuff] than you did before!!