PARTY PACKS... As a community of moms who Matter we would all be doing each other a big favour by putting an end to this ridiculous concept … the more who don’t do it the less our children will expect them, everyone will be better off!
Here are my reasons why we shouldn’t do them: -
- They cost money - like parties don’t already cost a lot!
- Another thing to organize for a party when you are already frantically running around making cakes, buying sweets, buying eats for adults and wondering if you have enough mugs to serve tea in!
- All Mums know the feeling of loading sugar crazed kids into the car after a party and having to negotiate with them when they can or can’t eat the damn things!
- Our children are growing up to expect a party pack on leaving a party! What are we teaching our kids… you go to someone else’s party, get entertained, fed cake and sweets and come away with a pack that sometimes costs more than the present you gave – it is ludicrous!
- The host Mum worries that there might not be enough party packs to go when the invitee comes with a sibling or two.
- If my house is like many others, the party packs land up in the grocery cupboard only to be thrown away a year of two later when I am doing a spring clean (that is if Dad hasn’t found them useful for midnight feast material)
I am sure that my feelings are shared by countless Moms out there... and I feel much better that I have got it off my chest!
Do you agree with 'The Party Pack Pooper'?
... Join in the conversation with MomsMatter moms on Facebook and share your views about this & other topics in the MomsMatter community, or leave your message below...