Due to the partial demolition on the Chota Motala Bridge over the N3, the following traffic accommodation needs to be done:
- On 21 August 2010 the South Bound carriageway will be closed to traffic at CEDARA. Light motor vehicles will be detoured along the R103 to PMB and back onto the N3 to Durban .The closure will be staring at 4:00am and finish at 10:00pm. Trucks will be stacked and escorted by RTI Officers through the closure area on a designated route which will be marked out.
- On 21 August 2010 the North Bound carriageway will be closed to traffic at New England Road, a detour route will be marked out for light motor vehicles (detour via Boshoff Street to Chatterton Off-ramp back to N3) . Trucks will be stacked and escorted by RTI Officers through the closure area on a designated route which will be marked out.
- The Chota Motala Interchange will be closed to traffic due to the demolition work. Traffic entering and leaving PMB using the Chota Motala Road will not be able to access the N3,City Centre or Greytown Road. Vehicles on the M10 (Greytown Road) entering PMB will be detoured on various routes to get to destinations. The three detour routes will be Ohrtmann Road, Manning Avenue and Willowton Road. Detour markers will be clearly placed showing which detours to use for which destination being travelled.
- Police and flagmen will be in place.
- Public must be aware there are going to be delays.
- This is a major closure and will be running for 18 hours.
To all involved with this closure, thank you for your input and we plan to ensure public safety and clearly marked detour routes.
Site Manager / Chota Motala Interchange & N3 Upgrade Group Five Coastal
(Pty) Ltd acting as agents for Group Five Construction