4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
½ egg, beaten
¼ tablespoon vanilla essence
1 cup flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ tablespoon cinnamon
¼ tablespoon ginger
- Combine butter with sugar and syrup until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and the egg, mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add slowly to the sugar/butter mixture.
- Blend until dough is smooth.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough until ¼ inch thick, cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake on a slightly greased cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before decorating with icing.
more recipes from Tots 'n Pots...
Visit Tots 'n Pots for more details about Children's Cooking Classes