Cooking with kids - Mini Ham & Cheese Tarts
|7 January 2010
MINI HAM & CHEESE TARTS (makes 6)
½ cup of plain flour
2 tbsp of margarine
2 tbsp of mild grated cheese
1 slice of ham- chopped
2 tbsp of frozen corn
2 tbsp of milk
Pinch of paprika
Salt n pepper for seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 200⁰C.
- Place the flour in a bowl and add margarine.
- Rub together with your fingertips until the mixture become fine like breadcrumbs.
- Add in water, stir and bring together with your hands to make a dough ball
- Lightly knead on a floured surface and roll out. Stamp out 6 round shapes with cookie cutters.
- Press gently into tartlet/muffin tray, bringing the sides up gently.
- Grate the cheese, chop the ham and place together with corn into the pastry cases.
- Beat together the egg and milk, add salt and pepper and pour evenly into muffin cases.
- Sprinkle a little paprika for flavour.
- Cook in oven for 12-15 mins until well risen and browned. Allow to cool.
- Serve with carrot sticks and cucumber.
more recipes from Tots 'n Pots...
Visit Tots 'n Pots for more details about Children's Cooking Classes